Business trip report: Ofunato - Rikuzentakata
Marathon rally meeting
Ofunato Athletic Association - Shirozaki (Deputy Director-General)
Ofunato Board of Education - Kawauchi (Division chief, Lifelong learning Division)
Ofunato Board of Education - Takahashi (Division chief, Public Relations)
Using still images or video recordings, everything that is published belongs to the sponsors, Tokyo Geidai University also approves of a bimonthly PR release (on the 5th and 20th).*
*The deadline for the second date, the 20th, can be extended to the end of the month.
Information about this project can also be printed in public papers.
Information about coming events in Ofunato
- August 6 and 7: Paper lantern Tanabata in Morimachi
- End of July to the beginning of August: Ofunato fireworks meeting
- November: Deer dance (traditional ritual dance)
- Now and again: Sword dance. (According to the Chairman of the Local Entertainment Association, Hirayama, Iwate prefectural Kitakamishonan High School is the best in Japan)
Latest candidates for cooperation
- Tohkaishimpo (Local newspaper company of Iwate prefecture, Sanrikunanbu)
- FM Nemarain (Community radio in Ofunato)
- Elderly club / Respect for the Aged Association
- Elderly university (Monthly open events at the community center)
- A national association of people form the same prefecture (Such as the New York Association of Iwate prefecture)
Mr. and Mrs. Sato's photo studio
Miraculously the photo studio still remains, and we wish to keep it.
→If someone takes advantage of the current arrangement, it would be impossible to publish any images and footage taken of the disasters within a city that cannot be evacuate. This would mean if no notice or consent was given by the local people who were affected, none of the images or footage taken can be published.
Mr. Unoura (gynecologist)
We listened to the stories of his three experiences of tsunamis (1933, 1960, 2011).
The luxury cruise line Asuka enters the bay, bringing a recent influx of events.
How about leaving a video?
Riku Café's Kazuko Yoshida
Rikuzentakata's Deputy Mayor Takashi Kubota
- Of course I want to cooperate as much as possible
- It's best to be careful when it comes to publishing the video footage
- Office, planning and production division: Yokote and Sasaki.
- August 7: Kesennuma Fighting Tanabata
- The so called "Five year festival" is held in various parts of Tohoku
The network that has been built by Mr Okada, in Ofunato and Rikuzentakata, has been very cooperative.
Is it more desirable to continue work in isolated places and do activities rather than starting expanding into other regions?
・ For getting assistance with PR, charges for local office → should we ask Riku Café?
・ Marathon schedule, etc.
|Activity||Interviewing local officials, officials meetings, landscape photography|
|Opening date||December 7|
|Closing date||December 11|
|Location||Sendai, Ishinomaki, Onagawa, Kesennuma, Rikuzentakata, Ofunato, Kamaishi|
A meeting before photographing the marathon, and a hearing dedicated to the residents and current conditions of the reconstruction activities of Ofunato and Rikuzentakata, followed by shooting the nearby landscape.